Question Unanswered: Detail row height in CR 8.5

I have a detail row with a tiny font. Format is 2-column. The rows have to be reeeeeallly close together. I can't seem to squish them enough in the design view, there's still too much space between rows. Ideas? Thanks.

I had this problem with v8.5. The CR support site said that they had seen this behavior, but offered no fix.

No matter how short I made the details section - I set the field heights to zero and the "Can Grow" property to yes, and then set the section height to zero, but v8.5 always reset the section height so there was more vertical space in the details section than I wanted.

This version also had trouble with the "Suppress Blank Sections" property when there was a subreport in the details section - it put in a little bit of space for each blank record, adding space to my details section.

When I upgraded to v10, it displayed and printed the sections like I wanted, even if I left the report in the old v8.5 format.

Thanks. Another quick question - how do you set the field and section heights numerically? I only know how to resize in design with the mouse, on an arrow cursor.

For fields and such, right-click on the report object and one of the choices is "Object Size and Position".

For report sections, once you have the contents set as small and high as you like, right-click the label to the left of the section and choose "Fit Section" to make the bottom of the section as close to the top as it will go. Then open the Section Expert and check "Supress Blank Section".