Thread: Direct Load

Question Unanswered: Direct Load

Hi all

I'm trying to use direct load, but i'm afraid i need some information about it:

- Is it possible to check that i'm not loading duplicate records?. As far as i know, if you run twice a direct load, you will have duplicate registers into your table.

- If i have duplicate registers into my DB, when i try to delete them, i receive the ORA-01502 message. I can solve it by delete FK, PK and indexes affected, but i want to know if there is any other simplier way to fix it.

Thx in advance

Talking

If you have PK's and/or UK's the duplicate rows will go into the "bad" file.

If a direct load fails, you need to either DROP or TRUNCATE the table before re-loading.

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

My problem is that when I'm loading data, I don't know if in my file there are records previously loaded into the DB. When I use Conventional load, Oracle generates a ".BAD" file with the rejected records, but when using direct path, records are inserted and no ".BAD" is generated.

Besides, when I insert duplicated records, my unique index is set as "Unusable" and I can't truncate the table.

Thanks !

Talking

Create an "EXTERNAL" table on the file and use MERGE to update your main table.

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb