Thread: Dump DB2

Unanswered: Dump DB2

Hi,

I'm looking for a possiblity to recreate a DB2 database on a different machine. From phpMyAdmin I know the possibility to create a dump of a database, meaning a file that contains all SQL statements to recreate the database, i.e. all tables and their content. With db2look I was able to create such a file for the structure of the database (just the tables), but not for the content.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Jack

Provided Answers: 5
    If both systems are the same OS and hardware, then you can simply backup the one DB and restore it to the other machine. You might have to do a redirected restore.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by jackinthebox
    Hi,

I'm looking for a possiblity to recreate a DB2 database on a different machine. From phpMyAdmin I know the possibility to create a dump of a database, meaning a file that contains all SQL statements to recreate the database, i.e. all tables and their content. With db2look I was able to create such a file for the structure of the database (just the tables), but not for the content.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Jack
    For the data, use db2move. First do db2move export, and then db2move load (or import). See the Command Reference for details.

I would suggest that you remove all the foreign key DDL from the db2look and then run it after you run the db2move load on the target database.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390