Unanswered: \Run Time Options subkey

I am using office XP developers edition. I have created a database application which I would like to begin distributing. How or where do I specify the \Run Time Options subkey. I have searched the help menu, and that is what I have come up with. I would like to specify an application icon, as well as prevent end users who may have a full version of access from trying to reverse engineer my application.

This may be an easy process, but I am self taught, and I have not come across this before.

I would appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Thanks,
    Kirk
    Kirk Wahl
    GM Powertrain SMCO

Provided Answers: 6
    My users do not start the actual application, they run a version control utility I created that copies new versions of the front end to their PC when available. It then starts the actual application, and it's there that I add the /Runtime switch.

You might also consider distributing an MDE instead of an MDB, which will hide VBA code and prevent changes to forms and reports.
    Paul

I have made an MDE from the original MDB. My goal is to distribute this application to asthma patients. They will not be logging onto a server where they could download the latest version. Each patient will receive an access runtime version and the PeakTrend Application.
    I am worried about the person who may have the full version of Access using shift when the application opens to access the database. They could alter tables, and view the few queries I have used. I could not perform all of the functions of the application using VBA without using a couple of queries. I would also like to specify an icon other than the MS Access key icon.
    Last edited by aldankirk; 09-19-07 at 20:04.
    Kirk Wahl
    GM Powertrain SMCO