Unanswered: DBF with 503 fields

Hello All

I have a DBF with 503 fields. Just I got this no of fields when I open it thru dBase V. Even I am able to oven as a Non dbase file and in read only mode. Just I want to know how it is possible to create such huge DBF. I also want to query the DBF with VB or VFP. Anyone please help me in this regard.

Thanks

Hari
    Last edited by sgkhari; 09-23-07 at 07:38. Reason: Title misspelled

Provided Answers: 54
    The DBF file was probably created using Clipper or a similar tool. I think you can open DBF files with that many fields using FoxPro.

-PatP

Dear Mr. Pat,

I have tried to open using FoxPro and VFP. I am getting an error message as not a valid table. Which version of FoxPro opens that dbf with so many fields.

Thanks

Hari

Provided Answers: 54
    I thought that Visual FoxPro 9.0 would open a DBF with that many fields, but I may be wrong.

You may need to find someone that still has the (MS-DOS based) tools that will correctly access that kind of file, and ask them to move the contents (data) to some mutually agreed format such as XML, CSV, or tab-delimited.

-PatP

You may also be able to import it directly into excel, using one of the foxpro/dbase ODBC drivers, and then save it as a csv ...
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert