Unanswered: pop up form with check box within the main form

Hello,

I am developing a change of control form for my company. In the form, I have a box to input the "Names of production systems involved".

First, the "Names of production systems involved" is a separate table all by itself. In that table, I have all my server names there.

In the change of control form, under the box, "Names of production systems involved", I would like to have a pop up forms when people click that box. The forms would be all the server names with a check box next to it.

How do I make this subform with check box next to each servers?

Obviously, I would like the checked names be recorded to the table underneath the main change of the control form.

How do I attach this subform to the box ("Names of production systems involves" ) in my main change of control form?

If I am not clear on what I want to accomplish, please forgive me. I am still working on my logic on this database.

Thanks

As I can understand you, you need to use a COMBO BOX
    instead of subform.

Provided Answers: 10
    Can the user select more than one server?
    George
    Home | Blog

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    Can the user select more than one server?
    ..if so you may need to use two list boxes
    one with available servers, but not selected, one with allocated servers. a bit like the list boxes used for report design.

AFAIK there is no easily available control for that.. you'll just have to roll one of your own.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thank you for all the answers.

I will check out the combo box to see if that is what I need.

Yes, users can choose multiple servers at a time and that is what I don't know exactly how to accomplish that.

I am not so sure the suggestion on the two lists. One available server and one allocated servers. I am hoping when user come to the "server" box in my main control form. A seperate window with all the server will pop up. Next to each of the server is a check box. When user marks all the servers that they need, they will close the form and the list of the choosen server will be written in the table behind the change of control form.

thanks

Provided Answers: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmail
    Yes, users can choose multiple servers at a time and that is what I don't know exactly how to accomplish that.
    multi-select listbox.
    Perhaps this example might do what you want. If not, it might give you more of an idea of what you want to achieve visually.
    George
    Home | Blog

georgev, thank you. It is a very good example.