Unanswered: job running with status performing completion action

I noticed this morning that
    I have a job status "performing completion action" for one of mine sql scheduled task job.

The job executes a dts pkg (which I just rum manually, and all worked fine)

What does it mean?, I can not stop this job and refresh is not working ether.
    What I can do?

Thank you,
    L

Provided Answers: 6
    close your em and reopen it. it does not refresh very well.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Sorry,
    What is a EM and how I can close it / reopen it.
    I'm a user, who is just trying to find out more about processies.

Thank you

Provided Answers: 6
    enterprise manager has a problem refreshing sometimes. if you are looking at jobs, i assume this is the application you are looking at.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

I did close it, the message still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    close your em and reopen it. it does not refresh very well.
    ...or right-click on the job and choose "refresh job"

I also had this happen recently because our jobs are set up to send email notifications when the job is complete, and the servers(s) in question were unable to send emails because the network was having email problems. I ended up stopping and starting the mail service (xp_stopmail, xp_startmail) and the problem was fixed.

Then I had to send an abusive email off to the network admin group for not letting us know when they were going to intentionally damage the network.
    Last edited by TallCowboy0614; 09-25-07 at 17:22.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

THANK YOU FOR ALL SUGGESTIONS, BUT WE HAD TO RESTART THE SERVER.
    AS WELL AS OUT MAIL SERVER WAS REBOOTED.

jOB TASK WAS NOT ABLE TO SEND AN E-MAIL DUE TO MAIL SERVER FAILRE,

THANK YOU

Yeah, I was gonna say...

issue the xp_stopmail and xp_startmail on the affected server, OR reboot the entire infrastructure.

either one will work
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

you can also restart the sql agent. faster way than restarting the whole server

Yeah, but where's the fun in that? You kill the server and you might get a change to boot other users off the system. Walk with a big footprint, that's what I always say

Besides...restarting the SQL Agent won't have any effect if the mail service is the one that died, as was the case with this situation.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.