Unanswered: Find SQL Server Product key installed on server

Hello;

I am trying to get information of SQL Server licensed key which is installed on our servers. I am using SQL Server 2005 standard edition. Is there a way to find out the product key which is installed on servers. I did some searches and found some thirdparty software to get that information but I don't want to use them on production, is there a way which microsoft recommends.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by essamughal
    Hello;

I am trying to get information of SQL Server licensed key which is installed on our servers. I am using SQL Server 2005 standard edition. Is there a way to find out the product key which is installed on servers. I did some searches and found some thirdparty software to get that information but I don't want to use them on production, is there a way which microsoft recommends.

Thanks
    mmmm. Do you really think that Micro$oft is going to recommend software that could be used by the unscrupulous to pirate their software?
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Provided Answers: 54
    Microsoft has a tool that is normally used by bulk licensors of their software that is used for license reporting that does display this information. If you are using bulk licensing (where you deploy from a set of master images, then write a check directly to Microsoft for the copies you have in production use) then check with either your own license administrator (usually a domain admin) or with your Microsoft Sales Representative.

-PatP