Unanswered: Using two different version of Oracle ODBC Drivers on Windows.

Hello,

I currently encounter a problem during utilisation of two software on Windows. These products use both a database 9i but each one have

different specified drivers. One of them uses oracles ODBC 8i drivers, the other use ODBC 9i drivers. The drivers are stored on a fileserver

and the windows register database is modified consequently. I can't change the softwares or the drivers recommended by those.

To use the two applications at the same time, I am obliged to modify my environment variable “oracle_home” before launching the applications.

Another solution is to create oracle_home in a case and the other case to remove it in the other.

I would like to free me from this constraint in the cleanest possible way.
    Do you know how doing that?

thank you for your answers.

Cordially.
    Eric

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    I'd create a couple of small *BAT files that would create the desired environment & then launch the desired application.

Are you sure a registry change is required as opposed to just setting ORACLE_HOME environmental variable?
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Using two different version of Oracle ODBC Drivers on Windows.

Hello,

Yes, I cannot start the programs at the same time if I do not change the before launching the applications. If I does not do it errors this produce.

Can you put here an example of your file which makes change the“ORACLE_HOME” environment variable?

Do you know if this creates the “ORACLE_HOME” environment variable if it does not exist ?

Best regards.
    Eric