Post Unanswered: Printing Changes the Report Totals

Has anyone ever had a situation where the printed report does not match the print preview?

I have a report which displays totals in the report footer (summed in a grouping footer using 'over all'). The report is 21 pages long. When I view the report online, it totals to around $135,000. If I try to print just the last page of the report, the total changes to around $29,000, which is NOT just the data on that page.

When I print to a PDF file, the totals do not change, and when I print the entire report, the totals do not change. It's only when I print a partial report that it is doing something to change the totals.

I do not have ANY code for the report footer events: onformat, onprint, onretreat, so I don't know why Access would be doing this.

If you have any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated!!

Provided Answers: 10
    I bet the last page's total adds up to $29K though...
    The total is built up dynamically, which means it changes when you change the selection (i.e the pages).

When in PDF a snapshot of the report has been made which is static (i.e cannot change).
    George
    Home | Blog

That's the confusion part - the last page only adds up to about 5K, not $29K. Even when I print the last 2 pages, the data on those pages totals to 14.5K but the report prints a total of 36K.

Do you know how Access builds the totals dynamically. Even when I run only a 3 page report and print the last page, it doesn't print the correct total.

If Access builds the totals dynamically, is there something I can code which will force it to compute the whole total regardless of the # of pages printed?