Responsible for designing data models in a Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing environment – so experience in a BI / DW environment is critical.
This role will also work with end-users to gather, translate, and analyze their business requirements, design the reporting database, develop the ETL specifications, work with Oracle developers and DBAs to implement the system, act as design and data expert for the duration of the project, and work with the business users during the testing phase.
The client will consider a junior to mid-level person although a more senior and experienced person with advanced Oracle data modeling skills is desirable.
• 2+ years Oracle data modeling experience with at least one complete life-cycle implementation experience in Business Intelligence-Data Warehousing environment;
• Knowledge of various data modeling methodologies, relational and dimensional;
• Experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin or ER Studio;
• Experience creating ETL specifications;
• Proficiency with Oracle;
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with or a strong understanding of PL/SQL;
• Experience working with business users during the requirements and testing phase;
• Very good communication, team, and interpersonal skills
• Must reside within a reasonable commuting distance to midtown NYC
Nice to have skills
• Experience with or strong exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Actuate, Hyperion Reports, Hyperion Analyzer, etc.;
• Experience in designing multi-dimensional databases or data cubes;
• Knowledge of object-oriented designing and use of UML tools such as Rational Rose (Rose preferred).
Compensation & Benefits
Starting salary is based on qualifications and experience. Compensation includes an annual IT bonus, excellent and comprehensive benefits package (overview on request).
The hiring company is well known, very stable, offers a 35-hour work week, a very friendly and flexible working environment and management team, and where attention is paid to enjoying a healthy balance between home life and work life.