Unanswered: Stored Prod Parms

Using SQL Server 2005 with Crystal Report XI. I have a report that is using a stored prod. The stored prod needs to parm passed to it. Not sure how to pass the parm from crystal to the stored prod. Thank you for your help. David

How will you be deploying the report?

Do you only need the stored procedure parameters passed when you are designing the report?

Stored Proc

Will be using Crystal Enterprise. Yes, stored procedure parameters need to be passed when designing the report.

I am still working with CR9 until my machine is updated, but most of the menu options should be similiar .. in the designer :
    (assuming connect to MSSQL)

Database->Set DataSource Location->

Create New Connection -> OLEDB(ADO) ->

(Follow property page to set SQL connection info)

//

When you select a stored procedure, you should be prompted for parameters. This is partially because a procedure can potentially return different column information from different parameters. After you have set the parameters at least once, they will appear in the "Parameter Fields" section of the "Field Explorer" . If you need to reset parameters, either use "Verify Database" or preview the report and refresh the report information and you will be prompted for parameters again.

Hope this helps.. i don't know exactly your setup, so i;m using mine as a reference..

EDIT : Also, CR treats stored procs as if they were tables.
    Last edited by devbloch; 10-23-07 at 11:44.

Thank you. David