Unanswered: (38000) - Unknown throwable: (java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Object).

Hi,

Our application is running a function in Informix DB, which calls a jar internally. While running sql query with the UDF, I am getting the following error :

Select nsid, informix.sortkeyj(PROPNAME,"en") ORDERVAL1 from informix.ICMSTJCRGLBLPROPS ORDER BY ORDERVAL1
    # ^
    #(38000) - Unknown throwable: (java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Object).
    #

The jar file is working fine and I am able to get the output from the jar successfully (I have put System.out.println in the java file, which is logged in the informix logs). The jar is returning a byte[] as we have binaryvar as the out parameter in UDF.

I could not find a solution for the above issue. Can you please help us in this issue at the earliest.

Thanks
    Malar

Classpath length

I had the same problem when trying to launching a jar file from Informix and after some investigation I identified that Informix has a limitation of 256 characters in the JVPCLASSPATH property, so not all classes were loaded when starting Informix, so the exception is thrown.

More details in My Tech Tips and Reviews: [38000] Unknown throwable: (java.lang.ClassCastException)

Regards