Red face Unanswered: Bypass Recovery on Master

We can not seem to get our master out of bypass recovery mode. We have tried everything. We have tried by setting the allow updates and setting the sysdatabases command to the correct options but we keep receiving the same message that we can not do anything because our database is in Bypass Recovery mode. We have even tried to put the system in single user mode but it still gives us the same message. We do not know what to do at this point. Does anyone have a way around this? We would greatly appreciate any help???? Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    Do you have any trace flags in the RUN_SERVER file
    -T3608 will bypass recovery of all db's but master
    -T3607 will bypass all recovery..

Have you tried
    update master..sysdatabases
    set status=0
    where name=<dbname>
    and status=-32768

Bypass Recovery

I will have to check the trace flags. Yes we have tried to set the status to 0 but we are still receiving the error that the system is in Bypass Recovery and it will not allow us to do anything. Thanks for the response

stuck in bypass recovery

I now have my database in single user mode. However,,,I am still unable to set my status back to 0 in the master..sysdatabases. I keep receiving an error message stating that it is in Bypass Recovery and can't update. I am at a loss right now as to what the next step should be. I Bcp'd out the sysdatabases table and modified it then tried to Bcp it back in but I received the same Bypass Recovery error.....Does anyone have any thoughts. Thanks