Smile Unanswered: triggers problem

I want query for trigger such as

create trigger on table T such as if user wants to update value A in a coloum on which previous value is A then it update as B instead of A

What is the problem?
    I suppose you know CREATE TRIGGER syntax and semantics. The clue is there.
    This requirement is achievable by simple assignment statement, no need for query.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy
    What is the problem?
    I suppose you know CREATE TRIGGER syntax and semantics. The clue is there.
    This requirement is achievable by simple assignment statement, no need for query.
    actually i m totally new for triggers even no time for R&D

if can so please give the full syntax for required problem

are you totally new for SQL and PL/SQL as well?
    you got all the clues (with examples) in the links I posted, so you may start. if you will get stuck, post the code with description of its behaviour.
    do you prefer waiting for spoonfed solution rather than consulting the documentation (do you call this "R&D")? I doubt it will take you longer.
    moreover, what will be the price of the solution if you will not understand it?
    what if somebody will not understand the requirements precisely the and will not post exactly what you want?
    who will adjust the code if the requirements change?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy
    are you totally new for SQL and PL/SQL as well?
    you got all the clues (with examples) in the links I posted, so you may start. if you will get stuck, post the code with description of its behaviour.
    do you prefer waiting for spoonfed solution rather than consulting the documentation (do you call this "R&D")? I doubt it will take you longer.
    moreover, what will be the price of the solution if you will not understand it?
    what if somebody will not understand the requirements precisely the and will not post exactly what you want?
    who will adjust the code if the requirements change?
    hello dear i am not here to listen your leacture if u wish to reply then its ok
    either wise no problem

we are here to get only quick answer and share there knowledge not for listening any lecture
    Last edited by ankur02018; 10-09-07 at 09:16.

Provided Answers: 10
    Actually, you're here to be helped. Contributers to this forum do not do your work for you.
    George
    Home | Blog

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >we are here to get only quick answer and share there knowledge not for listening any lecture

By the way, what knowledge are YOU sharing here?

If you don't like the timeliness or tone of any response, then you are entitled to a complete refund & can take your problems elsewhere.

You can find many fine coding examples at http://asktom.oracle.com if you are willing to take a few moments to search for them.
    Last edited by anacedent; 10-09-07 at 11:51.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.