Which path should i take ?

Hi all,

I have been playing around with VB2005 for around 6 months now, and have learn`t how to create and view database records using ADO net. I would now like to expand my knowledge a bit more, and build a more involved database project, but i am not quite sure which route to take.

I am not planning to make it available for viewing on different computers only on my local machine. I have been browsing the internet looking at mysql and sql etc, but the more i look the more difficult it is becoming to decide. also i would like to be able to view the records and also bring up only the information i require, by using visual basic and not web based programs.

I hope this sounds ok, beacuse i am still on a very steep learning curve.
    Many thanks i look forward to your advice.

The extremely Royal borough of Kensington, London
    also i would like to be able to view the records
    So just select the records that you want to view.

and also bring up only the information i require
    So only select the columns of information that you want to see.

I hope this sounds ok, beacuse i am still on a very steep learning curve
    No problem.

People usually start with simple programming languages such as C# and JAVA, and once they feel comfortable on these, they progress to the more difficult but ultimately rewarding language, SQL.

JAVA, C#, VB, PHP, etc are all the same, for they all support arithmetic and implement looping functionality. I would therefore suggest that once you have learned one of these languages, that you move to understand SQL.

Regards,
    Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk!
    Churchill: And Madam, you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly.