Thread: calculations

Unanswered: calculations

Greetings,

The goal is to walk/run either 3 miles per day or 40 miles bi-weekly (20 miles per week).
    I’ve attached the sample worksheet I created and would like to modify it as follows:

1.When I enter the # of miles each day and it is <3 miles, let’s say 2 miles, then I would like to display a text saying “…almost you’re short by a mile to meet your goal..”

2. The next day if # of miles = 3, then I would like a message saying “great, you meet your goal today…”
    3. If # of mile run >3, let’s say 5 miles, then the txt message would read “ excellent, you’ve exceeded your daily goal by 2 miles)

The same message for bi-weekly (bi-weekly #1 a mile short, and bi-weekly #2 exceeded the 40 miles goal by 5 miles)

Thank you in advance,
    OCM
    Attached Files Attached Files

What you're doing, effectively, is creating a balance sheet. You don't even need macros for this.

Column A contains the date, as a regular Excel date. Column B is the running total of your goal, that is B2 = B1 + 3. Column C is how many miles you ran/walked that day. Column D is a running total of that, D2 = D1 + C2. Column E is the difference between what you achieved and your goal, E2 = D2 - C2.

Adding the extra formatting makes it look prettier, but if it's just for your personal use, who cares?

Oh, and try to mix up your runs a little rather than always doing 3 miles. Especially plyometrics and sprints every now and then are good to improve your form; good form is important because it helps lessen damage to joints and prevents shin splints.

calculation

sco08y, thanks for your reply post. I'll try your method and post back if I've any question.

OCM