Long information text database

Hey guys

I am enrolling in a Japanese language school in January and I was thinking that perhaps I could help them out by redesigning their website.

http://yamasa.org/acjs/english/index.html

It contains tons of pages with long information texts (i.e click on accommodation) How would I model this kind of information system in a database?

Is there a standard method for this kind of information website? If so could you please point me to a document on the web that describes it or answer me on this thread?

many thanks in advance.

I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you looking for something like a Content Management System or are you looking for a database schema to actually use with code that you write yourself?

I think that if you are going to do this for a school where you will stay for at most two years and possibly as little as two weeks, you really need to stay with one of the packaged or open source CMS offerings. There is no way that one person can write, manage, document, and train someone to support a home grown package after you leave.

-PatP

I don't think I'll actually do it. I'm just asking how would a CMS store this information in it's database? Would it store it in an organized fashion? or just all text in one table indexed by an ID and then having a field for ..say.. "category" of the text. (i.e news, information, faq etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by arandomfrog
    I don't think I'll actually do it. I'm just asking how would a CMS store this information in it's database? Would it store it in an organized fashion? or just all text in one table indexed by an ID and then having a field for ..say.. "category" of the text. (i.e news, information, faq etc.)
    Yeah, that's pretty much how they work. They also usually use something other than the DBMS's built in capabilities for indexing the text, though some sytems (like MySQL) have pretty good long-text indexing facilities.