Question Unanswered: splash form, interface

I would like some right-hand to realize start form ed interface of an application in Access 2003.

I have seen some applications that open (in synthesis) as it follows:

1) the principal window of Access is hidden and splash mask with regards, info, etc. that it appears "suspended" on the desktop;

2) to the closing of such mask the window of Access returns maximized;

3) both it opens a mask that fills the space of the window access; such mask with various graphic elements, menů, subform, etc. it will act from background and container for the other masks of hand in hand used; some masks can open out of such mask container.

4) each mask that opens (reports) it will have a menů that is had to activate under the bar of the title of Access to the place of the standard menů.

I have tried to realize how much above, with more than few difficulties; besides I don't succeed in activating the menů under the bar of the title.

Can you signal me some example available to examine and eventually reuse?

Regards
    danit

Getting rid of Access Info

Sure - you bet. Look at this example: http://www.dbforums.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=40

Specifically, the call to module2 in the onLoad event of the startup form. You can utilize 1-4 for parameters to the call to this function which will do what you want, removing all Access information, showing/not showing in the task bar, etc...

Make sure your form which calls the module2 function is a Popup=Yes form.

Note: Hold the shift key when getting into the example to see the code behind the scenes.

Not sure if this will answer all your questions but it is a nice routine if you want to manipulate the Access background or remove it.

There's also a module called: FormInfo in the example which you can take a look at to remove any caption bars (see code remarked out in the startup form.) For example, to make your form fill up the entire screen (not showing the task bar), use the FormInfo code (remarked out) and set the form to do a docmd.maximize in the onload event. This will remove any Access caption bars and give you a "FULL" screen. Or you can make it so the Taskbar shows. There are several things you can do with the FormInfo function and the Module2 function in this example.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-17-07 at 01:33.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

splash & background

Thanks for your post

I have donload the file and start it, but in the first I have an errore for references to activex data objects 2.5 library that I haven'y in my pc (access 2003); Can you help me?

I make a references to activex data objects 2.6 library, and after i have a error runtime 2475: The mask specified in the introduced expression has to be the active window.

The debug sends to module2 code:
    Function fSetAccessWindow(nCmdShow As Long)
    On Error Resume Next
    Set loForm = Screen.ActiveForm ......
    where loform=nothing

Where is the problem?

If I make my form fill up the entire screen, is it possible show menu o command bars, and how?

Thanks in advance

After you checked the ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library, did you do the Tools -> Debug? Make sure there is nothing checked in the references which says "Missing". I didn't have any problems with this module2 in Access 2003 (this was a module someone uploaded to this website a few months back which I tried and found to be a handy module.)

Also try one of the other ActiveX Data Objects versions if there is one. I'm guessing that you need to have a reference to one of the ActiveX Data Objects library to use the module. You can also try creating a new mdb file and importing all the objects into it. Again, make sure you debug.

The FormInfo module shouldn't give you any problems as this is from the Access handbook. This module lets you manipulate the form look in several different ways (see the comments in this module for using it.) There is a GetUser example in the Access code bank which uses this if you want to see an example (almost all the examples I've posted in the Access code bank utilize the FormInfo to some extent so if you download any of the examples I've posted in the code bank, you can see different ways it's utilized.)

Also try converting the mdb into a 2003 version as this is in a 2000 format. It might work.

I hope you can get it to work as I'm pretty sure it'll do what you're looking for. Again, try some of the other examples in the code bank (although this is the only one which uses module2.)

I'm not quite sure what you mean on the menu o command bars. The module2 removes all looks of the Access background. The FormInfo removes the caption bar on the form (and a few other things.) Keep in mind that you can create your own menu/tool bars and there is a form property to set that form to your menu bar you've created. I will often create a new toolbar or menu, adding the icons/commands I want on that toolbar/menu and then in the form (or report) set the Menu/Toolbar property to the one I've created and saved. It can be tricky creating your own toolbars/menus but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. I'll try and come up with an example of a menu utilizing the FormInfo to fill up the entire screen and see if will also show the menu (it might just be easier though to create some buttons on the top of the form which act like the menu.) I had a request once which required the form to fill up the entire screen (including the taskbar at the bottom.) I used the FormInfo to do get rid of the form caption (and cover over the taskbar), maximized the form, and created buttons on the form to do certain menu items.

Let me know if the above suggestions don't work to get module2 working. If they don't, I'll see what I can do on my end to get it to work for you and upload it in this post.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-17-07 at 22:36.

Danit58,

I put a sample of some form manipulation code (which also has the 2003 version) in the code bank.

http://www.dbforums.com/showpost.php...9&postcount=51

I hope it works for you.