Unanswered: Help in sending Access file to someone

I am trying to attach an Access table to an e-mail to the UK. It is attaching ok on my end but when the recipient receives my e-mail, they cannot open the attachment. They are saying that they did not receive my attachment and that the browser is blocking it. I have asked them if they are using the same version of Access that I am. I am using 2003. I am also using the old verison of Internet Explorer. Someone suggested that I send it as a zip file. I don't know how to do that. Would that work?

Also, how can I bold just one field in an Access table? When I try to bold the one field, all the fields and records are in bold.

Thank you for your help.

Provided Answers: 6
    The culprit is most likely their email program/system. Presuming you're using any recent version of Windows, right-click on the file and select Send To/Compressed Folder. That will create a zip file.
    Paul

Smile

Thank you Paul!! I will try that! I appreciate your help!

-momtoryan

No problemo. By the way, I've seen email programs that were aggressive enough to detect the mdb inside the zip and still block it. If that happens, I've had success changing the extension from mdb to txt, zipping and sending that, and then telling the recipient to change the extension back.
    Paul

Smile

Thanks again Paul! I'm hoping that they're problem is as simple as I am using Access 2003 and they are using the 2007 version. They have not responded to me for a while. I am assuming that even if they are using a different browser, something other than IE, then they could still open the file. They are in the UK.

Thanks again for your help!

No, they would be able to open a 2003 file with 2007. It sounds like an email client issue.
    Paul