Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    14

    Red face Unanswered: Access db: 800A01FB error

    Hi all,
    I get the following error
    Code:
    Microsoft VBScript runtime  error '800a01fb'
    
    An exception occurred: 'Open'
    I red somewhere that this kind of error can happen when you use an ADODB.Recordset to retrieve a resultset, and the resultset is empty.
    This doesn't make alot of sense considering the fact that my pages were working just fine hours ago. i've made no changes to anything,
    and my database is not locked up, etc.

    Any help would be really appreciated as Im not an expert on developing and Im really confused.
    Thank you

    I moved your post into the appropriate forum (Access is not a server based product...) - loquin
    Last edited by loquin; 10-22-07 at 13:20.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,848
    If you would show us the script that is generating the error, it would be helpful. Otherwise, we would just be guessing...
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    3,926
    " red somewhere that this kind of error can happen when you use an ADODB.Recordset to retrieve a resultset" - not that I've ever encountered and I use ADO all the time. As loquin stated, show us your code so we can help you.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •