Unanswered: Find using checkboxes

I'm working on a database where they often search using checkboxes. The value lists for the check boxes contain spaces and this is causing incorrect result sets to be returned.

Example list values would be
    1. Newsletter
    2. Newsletter Do Not Mail

If they click the Newsletter in find mode the results returned will include both Newsletter and Newsletter Do Not Mail. Is there a way to force it to find an exact match only. I know how to do this with "" or == but not using a checkbox.

If you script the Find, you can insert the "==" in the search criteria as needed:

Enter Find Mode[]
    Pause Script
    If [ not isempty(field) ]
    Set Field [ field; "==" & field ]
    End If
    Perform Find[]

Thank you so much. Could you please explain with a little more detail? I'm new to Filemaker (3 weeks now).

I'm working on this now. One question. If I use a Set Field while in find mode does it modify the actual data or just the find string?

It works! Thanks.

One thing though. I ended up needing to do a literal text match instead of a field content. I ended up with this

"\"" & field

I would have thought it should have been this to work
    "\"" & field & "\""

both ways worked. Will it do a literal match with only a leading quote?

One thing though. I ended up needing to do a literal text match instead of a field content. I ended up with this

"\"" & field
    That doesn't sound right at all. A Find for:

"Newsletter

or even

"Newsletter"

would find both: 'Newsletter' and 'Newsletter Do Not Mail'.

Go back to the "==" method that I outlined above.

I used a bad example. It should be

Newsletter Recipients
    Newsletter Do Not Mail

The reason I couldn't use the "==" is there are other checkboxes for this field and people could be members of other groups besides the Newsletter ones. With the "==" I only got members who were in the Newsletter groups only. If they belonged to anything else it didn't match.

Thanks for the help. I've tested it and it works well.

In that case, just search for the value (without quotes).

Without the quotes I get results from both. The case that causes the most problems is

China Member
    China Non-Member
    2003 China Meeting

Without quotes, if I select China Member I will get results from the other 2 also. If they had named them with an underscore instead of a space this wouldn't be a problem, but Filemaker matches on the China by itself and on Member by itself becuase of the space.

In that case you do need the quotes around the search string, since you want to find records containing the phrase "China Member", not just the words "China" and "Member". But records containing only the value "2003 China Meeting" would not be returned in either case.

I'll test it again for the 2003 China Meeting, but I believe when I searched on China Member it returned results for 2003 China Meeting also.