Unanswered: Any Info on Reason Code 00E70005?

We have a batch job trying to delete rows from a table which are older than a certain date. The delete fails with above reason code. When I look up the explanation it states "A relational data system (RDS) subcomponent internal inconsistency was detected." Even our DBA's are not sure what this is. We tried re-running the job, but same error. I don't have access to DB2 Diagnosis Guide and Reference book, so I'm not sure how to get more info. My DBA is going to talk with our systems people about it, but that could take days. It is interesting that we can query the data with a Select, but trying to delete it causes an error. Any thoughts on what it could be?

try db2inspect command to see if db is still in shape
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2 UDB LUW certified V6/7/8

Thanks. I tried to look it up and it seems it is a UNIX shell command. I am in in MVS environment. Is CHECK DATA what I would use in the MVS environment?

Quote Originally Posted by mrhrbacek
    Thanks. I tried to look it up and it seems it is a UNIX shell command. I am in in MVS environment. Is CHECK DATA what I would use in the MVS environment?
    Check data checks out the referential integrity, not the internal consistency .

You could try and drop the indexes and recreate them, or call IBM Software Support if that does not work.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks. That is what our DBA is going to do. We are going to drop the indexes and recreate and see what happens. If that doesn't work, they plan on contacting IBM.