Unanswered: Cannot create mde

I built a database app. I make changes in the master, and create a user mde. I made a change yesterday, and tried to make an mde. I received a messge box telling me "cannot create mde". I tried to compact and repair database, but it still did not work.

I had to create a new blank mdb, and import everything from the master mdb. I was then able to create the user mde.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is the database corrupt, or is there by chance a maximum number of mde files you can create from the master? I have not run into this type of corruption before. Everything else in the database worked. Just a little strange.
    Kirk Wahl
    GM Powertrain SMCO

Did you debug the code? The only 2 situations I've come across where I couldn't make an mde was 1. I was working with a 2000 mdb using Access 2003 (I needed to convert the app to 2003 or open the 2000 mdb with Access 2000 as you cannot make an mde with previous versions.) and 2. There was a problem somewhere in code and I didn't debug the mdb.

There is no max # of mde files you can make from an mdb.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-22-07 at 13:33.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

The code is just fine. Everything runs without a hitch. It is a 2002 database. For some reason, I just could not make the mde. It worked when I imported everything into a fresh database. I didn't think there was a max number of mde's you could create either, but something caused this database to stop working.
    Kirk Wahl
    GM Powertrain SMCO