Unanswered: Select Delimiter for DB2 Export Command

This seems like a simple question, so I must be looking at the documentation wrong. I cannot see where I can set what delimiter will be used when I use the export comand into a regular txt file.

Can someone post an example syntax so that I can match it with the DB2 manual?

Regards
    ------------
    And back to SQL Server....I always find my way home
    View my Linkedin profile

Provided Answers: 1
    Look at the coldel modifier. E.g.
    Code:
    export to file.txt of del 
    modified by coldel0x09
    select ...
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Is there a chart or list that displays the reprenentation of different delimiters? I need to use the |
    ------------
    View my Linkedin profile

"|" is usually represented by "|", similarly to other printable characters. As for the non-printable characters... have you heard anything about ASCII?
    ---

Wow that was kinda rude...
    Just trying to use the comunity to learn...
    Sorry I asked
    ------------
    View my Linkedin profile

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. My sarcasm was caused by the fact that the answer to your question could have been easily found in the publicly available manual, if you took time to look.
    ---

For anyone that was hopeing to learn from this exchange the code that I used is as following

Code:
    EXPORT TO '/export/home/mldwh/tpcint/intdata/POINT1.TXT' OF DEL MODIFIED BY COLDEL| select * FROM RKSA_GSIS_RKEM_POINT1
    Hope this helps
    ------------
    View my Linkedin profile

Quote Originally Posted by JDionne View Post
    For anyone that was hopeing to learn from this exchange the code that I used is as following

Code:
    EXPORT TO '/export/home/mldwh/tpcint/intdata/POINT1.TXT' OF DEL MODIFIED BY COLDEL| select * FROM RKSA_GSIS_RKEM_POINT1
    Hope this helps
    Yep, I just benefited from your post, thanks so much for providing the results. I had the same question and was looking for a quick answer. I am not opposed to researching this myself, but simply didnt have time due to pressure at work.

Quote Originally Posted by jgassor View Post
    Yep, I just benefited from your post, thanks so much for providing the results. I had the same question and was looking for a quick answer. I am not opposed to researching this myself, but simply didnt have time due to pressure at work.
    jgassor
    I am happy that you were able to get benefit from this. It has been so long I had to rest my password even to reply, but this is how the interweb is supposed to work. we leave a bread trail behind us for others to use. I just wish everyone understood that...
    ------------
    View my Linkedin profile

Provided Answers: 54
    I agree wholeheartedly... Help where you can and leave breadcrumbs behind for the next person.

James: Did one of the Wells Fargo people introduce us outside of the Hall of Fame at the PASS Summit last year? I remember that I was already out of business cards by that time and I think that you were too, so I don't have a note about having met you but I'm pretty sure that we met briefly.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly... Help where you can and leave breadcrumbs behind for the next person.

James: Did one of the Wells Fargo people introduce us outside of the Hall of Fame at the PASS Summit last year? I remember that I was already out of business cards by that time and I think that you were too, so I don't have a note about having met you but I'm pretty sure that we met briefly.

-PatP
    PatP
    I dont remember meeting you, as I have not made it to a PASS summit in a long time. But hit me up on linked in, my page is in my signature.
    ------------
    View my Linkedin profile