Unanswered: Moving Column Information

Hi All,

I am trying to do something in Excel and I'm stuck and not sure how to do this so any help would be appreciated.

I am doing a database of names, I have 3 colums, one is for the name and one is for the origin of the name and the third is for the meaning of the name. There is 20,000 names in total and they are just in one big long line, what I would like to do is be able to fit 6 colums to a page, this would be 2 lots of the 3 colums, I would like it to flow on as its in alphabetical order and I cant work out how is the best and easiest way to do this, I don't want to have to cut and paste as this would be very time consuming.

Anyone know how to do this? What functions etc?

Thanks,
    Simone

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

I think we may need a little more info on your requirement, but, if you have the 20,000 lines of data in the spreadsheet, why is cutting and pasting half of them a problem?

MTB

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my question.

The reason I don't want to cut and paste half the 20,000 lines of info is because I need to have the information in a particular order, I need page 2 to flow into page one and then page 3 into page 2 etc, does that make sense? Because I need it that way, it would take me forever to cut and paste it, so I need to find a way to easily make page 2 flow over to page one and then continue down.

Is there a way to do that?

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

Wouldn't sorting the data first before cutting etc. solve the continuing on problem ??

We have suddenly move from cutting and pasting to columns in the same sheet to 2 or 3 pages. Have you moved the goal posts!!

Perhaps a little more explanation would help us understand why this cutting and pasting needs doing a line at a time (as you seem to imply). ie how often is this done ? where does the data come from ?

MTB