Unanswered: Replace Function

It's been quite awhile since I've played with Access and I'm having trouble using the Replace function. The first code snippet below is what I'm using as a control source for a textbox. For fields that have FDBK_Closed = NULL, I'm getting #Error. When I return to look at my control source it's being changed to the second code snippet below. It's almost like Access doesn't recognize the Replace function. Is this function still available in A2003?

txtTag is the name of the textbox that is bound to the Tag Field.

Code:

=IIf(IsNull([FDBK_Closed]),([SimSysID] & ":bkr_" & replace([TAG],"-","_"),[FDBK_Closed])
    Code:

=IIf(IsNull([FDBK_Closed]),([SimSysID] & ":bkr_" & [replace(txtTAG],"-","_"),[FDBK_Closed])

Yes I'm pretty sure the replace function is still available. I think your syntax is a little off though as Access usually only puts [] around items it interprets as a field. (Once you hit enter, if the syntax is off you'll notice the []).

You can also possibly utilize the instr function but replace is probably better in what you're trying to do.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-31-07 at 14:02.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Without actually trying it...

=IIf(IsNull([FDBK_Closed]),([SimSysID] & ":bkr_" & replace([TAG],"-","_"),[FDBK_Closed])

could maybe be...

=IIf(IsNull([FDBK_Closed]),([SimSysID] & ":bkr_" & replace([TAG],"-","_")),[FDBK_Closed])

but again, I didn't test this. Look for it to capitolize the r in replace after you hit enter if it recognizes replace as a function. (I think it should do this.)
    Last edited by pkstormy; 10-31-07 at 14:09.

UGH..All of that because I didn't have matching parentheses.

Thanks

The joy of syntax. Can't count the times I've spent hours trying to figure out a simple ) or ( missing or in the wrong place.