Unanswered: disable form new record button

I created a set of buttons in my form. e.g. undo, save, new record and etc. I was able to do that.

Now, I want to disable the add button on the bottom of the form. I checked Allow additions = No under the Form property. It did disable the add new record button on the bottom of the form but it also disable my new record button to open up a new record.

I think I need some code under the my new record button to reset the Form Allow Additions to Yes.

This is my VBA code for my new record button (it is the default Access VBA code)

Private Sub CreateNewRecord_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_CreateNewRecord_Click

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

Exit Sub

MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_CreateNewRecord_Click

End Sub

When I click the new record button, Access complaint that "Can't go to the specified record"
    Any help is greatly appreciate it.

Ohh!! I find the solution. All I need to do is to add the following line in the code.

It is working now. Thanks

Me.AllowAdditions = True

Madison, WI
    Yes it will work but also keep in mind that once you click the "Add Record" button and set me.allowadditions = true, it's forever set to true while the form is open. This may or may not be what you want. What I do is...

me.allowadditions = true
    me!MyDateEnteredField=Date() <- you have to update or set some data in some field.
    me.allowadditions = false
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

I figured you were asking how about the Navigation Buttons property of the form.

thank you both.