Hi folks,

I'm relatively new to MySQL, and still feeling my way around, especially when it comes to the command line stuff. I was wondering if anyone could explain a recent problem i've encountered. I'm running MySQL 5 on WinXP Home.

Today, i tried to start the MySQL Command Line Client by going to the shortcut in the Programs section of the Start menu (Programs > MySQL > MySQL Server 5.0 > MySQL Command Line Client). Normally when i do this, the client starts up. Today, however, when i clicked the shortcut, the client window appeared on my screen for about a quarter of a second, and then disappeared. I tried it again, only to get the same result. I restarted the computer, but no change.

This is the first time it's happened to me, and i can't work out what i'm doing wrong, or how to fix the problem. Googling the problem, i found this page, but it's not exactly very helpful. If i have to reinstall MySQL in order to fix this problem, then i will, but i'm hoping that someone might be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance.