Unanswered: I can't find Calendar Control 11.0

We just upgrade to access 2003. In the form design, i select Insert -> activeX control, But i didn't find Calendar Control 11.0. Where can i insert this control? Thanks.

Do you have a reference for the Calendar control?
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

NO, I don't have any calendar control. I check my old PC that has this control. SO what should i do? Thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    are you certain you have a licence for the calendar control in Access?

you may have an activex control which needs inserting in the form
    it may require a reference in a code window

looking at my Office XP machine its an Activex Class or a calendar control..the class looks odd, the control is the one you want.

if you don't have the calendar control on your current PC then you will need accquire one. If check to see if the control was part of the options ont he office install that hae been omitted.

As its an activex control it isn't neccessarily going to be as easy as copying the file across and plonking it int he relevant directory it will need to be registered.

Or you can select one from Jeff Conrad's List and not concern yourself with registering anything.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

See if this example with the calendar control works: http://www.dbforums.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=30 (I like mine better than the other examples but to each his own.)

If it does work, just copy the calendar control and paste it into your form or use the form with the calendar on it.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 11-04-07 at 01:01.

For Paul's request
    No, it didn't work either. There are error message: Run-time error '2683'
    There is no object in this control. My old pic does has calendar control. Do I need to install something? Please help. Thanks.

yyu,

Try out the other examples in the link from RuralGuy. One of them has to work for you. This will at least getting you up and running. My guess is still possibly a reference. If you click on the ActiveX controls from the Toolbox Toolbar, I'm guessing you don't see a Calendar Control activeX to insert. Do you have any other computers which have 2003 you can compare on? (preferably one with the entire Office package on it.) Did you install the Office package or just the Access package? I'm guessing you installed just the Access package. Re-installing with the entire Office suite may also help.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 11-05-07 at 11:14.

Yes, i run RuralGuy's the MonthCalendar Access 2000.zip. It shows the calendar. But my PC still doesn't has this control. Can you explain to me the Office package or just the Access package? I have no idea about this. As i just upgrade to Office 2003. Thanks again!

I'm referring to the Microsoft Office package verses just the Access package. (Microsoft Office has an install package with or without Access). It seems strange to me that if you've installed the entire Microsoft Office package (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), that you wouldn't have the activeX Calendar Control available to use.

I wonder if perhaps some options during the install were not selected which makes this control available.
    Last edited by pkstormy; 11-05-07 at 12:45.

I check other PC. It does has calendar control. Do you think i need to reupgrade to Office 2003?

Provided Answers: 59
    mebbe
    when you installed office did you install all items or are soem set to run form disk, or no be installed.
    about 4 or 5 years ago Microsoft changed they way they set up software for installation from CD. there were a lot of options in which will not be installed unless you expressly select them. look for the the white background on the drive /option box.

It may be worth while re-installing Office and make sure you selct all relevant options.