Sr. Database Admin Needed-Manhattan/Healthcare/Perm/Oracle/SQL Server
TS America is an EOE.
Our client, a leading health insurance organization, is seeking a well versed and experienced DBA for their Manhattan office location. They offer excellent benefits and very competive salaries.
I. Purpose of the Job:
Perform the administrative and technical duties of supporting both the Oracle and SQL Server open systems databases on Microsoft and UNIX based operating systems. Design database systems for the new projects and back up their design during the project cycles. Communicate different departments on database related subjects and/or projects. In addition, have a strong working knowledge of troubleshooting, supporting and administering these databases in a Microsoft and UNIX server infrastructure including both hardware and software.
Job Accountabilities The Senior Database Administrator plays a key role in the implementation, customization and deployment of databases to be delivered to the business units. Chief among these activities is the design and development of required ETL (extract, transform, load) processes and applications, as well as the management of the associated tests, dry runs, conversions and trouble-shooting.
• Extends the product database to support clients' custom functionality, develops scripts and applications to support the engineering team throughout the project lifecycle, and develops custom reports for client end-users. %25
• The Senior Database Administrator possesses exceptional trouble-shooting skills, encompassing database, software application and network infrastructure disciplines. %15
• Manage, analyze and maintain the storage and backup technology for the databases. $5
• Demonstrates outstanding client-facing skills, excelling in high-pressure situations. %5
• Track record of consistently rendering clear technical judgment and routinely considers architecture-level, project-planning, and other project-level issues. %15
• Perform necessary upgrades and maintenance to databases on the open systems infrastructure to support the most current technology of client’s business units.%5
• Senior Database Administrator demonstrates a commitment to devise solutions in accordance with an implementation budget. As a technical leader within professional services, this person ensures that projects are conducted in ways that benefit the project objectives, maintain and track of all assigned projects as it pertains to full project life cycle methodology. %10
• Maintain and support the databases servers including: upgrading to new releases, applying patches, maintenance upgrades, database configuration and security patches. %10
• Senior DBA innovative, consistent, and contributes beyond the assigned tasks.%5
• Other client server related tasks that are assigned at the direct report’s discretion. %5
III. Job Dimensions:
The incumbent proposes design approaches for review and agreement from peers and his or her supervisor. This person has worked on client implementations involving one or more packaged applications, and has experience in delivering technical solutions to address gaps between client requirements and product functionality. This person has achieved mastery of most code-centered, detailed-design centered and task-centered activities. Competence extends to architecture, project planning, and other project-level issues. The Senior DBA would also raise the red flag if there is any vulnerability in his company.
This person is committed to a self-study program, actively reads books and journals, and occasionally reviews papers for journals, proposed industry standards, and so on. This person sets an example of a "professional senior database administrator" that others within the client and throughout the industry can follow.
The Senior Database Administrator works under limited supervision with the goal of developing high-performing and reliable database manipulation solutions. This person provides leadership and technical guidance to others and individual projects. It is customary for the staff engineer to be responsible for total technical projects success, working through peers and more junior staff members to guide projects to successful completion.
The Senior Database Administrator demonstrates proficiency in all phases of software development methodologies and life cycles, and makes significant contributions to client’s development lifecycle and methodologies.
Manage database security. Work with the security department, AD of IS and the Project planners to determine how much access the application will need to the database. Keep Level II DBA as the gatekeeper of this access of the databases and keep him informed about the project lifecycle.
Senior DBA tunes the physical layer of the database and manage performance tuning. He/She may choose to do this by tuning the file structure and organization, scheduling index rebuilds, and any hardware-type decisions.
IV. Key Job Relationships:
• The Senior Database Administrator will work as a team leader of the Enterprise database team of client-server group interacting with all other necessary departments within IS as well as the business community on a daily basis.
V. Job Qualifications:
o Must have at least 5 years of experience as a DBA working in a corporate environment.
o Must have 2 years of knowledge of latest enterprise storage technologies.
o BS Degree or equivalent combination of experience and formal education
o Oracle and Microsoft Corporations accomplished Certifications
Please submit all resumes to Stephen Hagans at: email@example.com