Unanswered: Import Pdox tables

Hi. I'm trying to automate importing Paradox tables into Access. I was able to do three tables but the fourth table has null fields in the index and Access won't import it.

I've tried various things but they require going into Paradox and changing the table. I'd rather not do that since I'll be running these imports multiple times during testing.

Is there a way to import a table into Access even though there are null fields in the index? Maybe setting Access to accept the nulls? I can't find anything in the Help files.

TIA.

Design an import specification and use that to import the file.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

When I do it manually, it doesn't allow for an import spec. Once I select "Paradox" as the file type, and select the file, it sucks it right in.

Have you tried just linking to the Paradox table? If you can link it in the mdb, then you can design a query to append the data to your table. My guess is MSAccess is trying to configure your field automatically as a primary key (as you've stated). Once linked, an append query will give you more options where you can create an expression to manipulate the primary key fields.

Another option would be to export the data out of Paradox into a .csv type file (or other type) and then import the .csv file.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Quote Originally Posted by pkstormy
    Have you tried just linking to the Paradox table? .
    Awesome. The link and a Make table query worked. Thanks so much!