Question Unanswered: HELP!!! No Hair or voice left now!

Ok, I am REALLY new to SQL and PHP. I know enough to be dangerous!

I have in my head what I WANT to do, but lack the knowledge to get-r-done!

I am in charge of our fire department's website and I have absolutely NO budget! I have an area for our members to log into their specific pages where I would like to have individualized, up to date run statistics. I imagined that I could somehow pull data from a MySQL database that I have already started and parse out the information pertinent to that member on their page.

Am I putting the horse in front of the cart, or is this realatively easy and I have just been on this darn computer WAY to long researching!

Any help would Be GREATLY appreciated!

what language will you be using to generate the web pages? php?

you mention that you already have a login area...
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I will be using combination PHP/html. I am using Login-Redirect v1.3 (PHP).
    I would like to just embedd the members ID#, Name, and stats for different areas into a section of the html page. I don't know if it is possibl or not. Maybe I need to try another avenue?

quite possible
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Quote Originally Posted by r937
    quite possible
    Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

me? no, i don't do php

i'll move the thread to the php forum
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

olneyfd,

If it would be possible for you to post your tables that hold the data and some sample data, we could probably help you a little more. Sounds a bit vague at this point.

What you want to do is possible and not that difficult to do in php.

Quote Originally Posted by olneyfd
    Am I putting the horse in front of the cart, or is this realatively easy and I have just been on this darn computer WAY to long researching!
    I think you probably are wasting your time trying to do your own app, and your successor will probably not know how to keep it running. I'll bet there's an open source content management system that fits your needs. (The link lets you try some of them out without installing anything; there's a list on the left panel.)

The extremely Royal borough of Kensington, London
    and I have absolutely NO budget
    With this requirement, you will need to look at PHP and mySQL. Then when you do have a budget, you can migrate to Oracle

If I were given presented with such a constraint, I'd quit and work somewhere that does have a budget.
    Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk!
    Churchill: And Madam, you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly.

Ok let's take it from the top.
    Overview : What you have at present is the Login-Redirect v1.3 php script set. Which allows each of your "users" to log into their own page.

1) So each user already has their own page.
    2) They (the users) already have a way to authenticate with the system.

Your objective : to allow each user (on their page) to view up-to-date statistics which are stored in your database system.

What you need to do first :
    1) Identify where your statistics information is going to be held and in what format
    2) Determine how you're going to access this data.
    3) Determine how you're going to present this data.

Answering in no particular order; it seems obvious that you will have to alter the template (part 3) to present the data you are going to be retrieving.
    You will also need to determine your storage facility (which I suspect will again be MySQL), however this will require that you create some tables to maintain the statistics. (I can't go any further with that as I don't know what you're storing). And finally, in order to access this data you need to write a layer (some functions) to grab this information. These functions will probably need to be "include"'d inside the already existing scripts of Login Redirect so that you can access the variables you will create in your templates.

Without delving into Login redirect code at present this is about as much as I help with. It seems to you need to find where to "inject" your code to make it work with the users' pages.