Unanswered: How to vacuum a tablespace? How to move a container?

Hello,

I have 2 questions:

1) Imagine I have a db with automatic storage where a lot of the data were delete. I would very much like vacuum (defragment) the tablespaces so that the containers can be shrinked. Is that possible?
    2) Is it possible to move a container from one filesystem to another (if possible while the db is online) ?

We are running on db2 v8.1 FP12 for linux.

Any hints would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
    Alexander.

Provided Answers: 5
    1) use reorg
    2) use db2relocatedb

Andy

Thank you Andy.

1) reorg can do deframentation but how can I shrink the containers. db2 will not let me do it for db with automatic storage. Do you have an idea how that could be done?

2) one can use db2relocatedb and move one or more containers for db with *no* auto storage (that worked for me with CONT_PATH). I count not use CONT_PATH for db with auto storage. I tried to use STORAGE_PATH and move all containers but that did not work for me. Moving a single container seems not possible with db with auto storage

AFAIK, you cannot do either of them with the current AUTOSTORAGE capabilities.

Redirected Restore seems to be the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by akaraivanov
    Thank you Andy.

1) reorg can do deframentation but how can I shrink the containers. db2 will not let me do it for db with automatic storage. Do you have an idea how that could be done?

2) one can use db2relocatedb and move one or more containers for db with *no* auto storage (that worked for me with CONT_PATH). I count not use CONT_PATH for db with auto storage. I tried to use STORAGE_PATH and move all containers but that did not work for me. Moving a single container seems not possible with db with auto storage
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.