Unanswered: Adding a new record with a form that includes a child-linked subform

Hi,

I've got a form, let's say "Customer", linked to the table "Customer", with the indexed field "Name". In this form, i've got a child-linked subform, let's say "Transactions", with the fieds "CustomerName" and "Amount". The Master field is Customer.Name, the child field is Transactions.CustomerName.

When via the "Customer" form I try to add a new record in the "Customer" table, the "Enter Parameter Value: Name" pops up. I would like to avoid this. I guess this windows pops up because of the subform master-field link can't be set up.

One solution would be to use an Autonumber (incremental) index field (let's say "ID") in my Customer table, and considering "ID" as Master Field... But I'd like to avoid that.

I've tried to set the "Default Value" of the Customer.Name field as "Default" for example, without any effect, the "Enter Parameter Value" window still popping up.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

deloffa5

Ok, that's fine, problem solved.

deloffa5

Provided Answers: 10
    What was the solution?
    George
    Home | Blog

In fact, it now works, but i don't understand why.

In my "Customer" form, the data source was "Select Name, Phone, Address from Customer order by Name", but there was no TexBox bound to "Customer.Name".

I added a "Customer.Name" bound texbox, and the problem was solved...

deloffa5