Unanswered: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

i am able to connect to MySQL database on the server from my ASP.NET application on the server.. i am using the following connection string..
    Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=mydbname;uid=myu sername;pwd=mypassword;option=3
    where
    mydbname is the name of the database i created using the control panel
    myusername is the username and
    mypassword is the password which i provided when i created the database

but i am not able to connect to the database on the server when i run the application in my machine.. i tried the following connection string..
    Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=mydomainname;Database=mydbname;uid= myusername;pwd=mypassword;option=3
    where
    mydomainname is the domain name (eg: google.com)

i am getting the following error

Data source name not found and no default driver specified at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()

is it cos i dont have MySQL driver in my machine???
    Last edited by jacksonxyz; 11-12-07 at 13:43.

Take a look at http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/net/.
    As you are using ASP.net you are developing on a windows machine (unless you've managed to get ASP.net to run on linux ) you will need to install the MySQL connection driver before you can utilise it.

yes i am running the application in windows.. but do i need to install MySQL driver 3.51? the database is not in my system.. its on the server..

Then you gonna have to install the connectors only I guess
    Less is more.
    How long is now?
    http://www.lesouterrain.com

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonxyz
    yes i am running the application in windows.. but do i need to install MySQL driver 3.51? the database is not in my system.. its on the server..
    You need to install MySQL ODBC Driver on each machine you are going to use the .NET application, even the development pc.