Unanswered: SYSTEM REQ. for OFFICE 2003 PROFESSIONAL

Hi,

I just installed Office Professional 2003 onto a somewhat old computer. It turns out that the computer cannot handle 2003 and I am trying to figure out why. It specifically has a problem with long access reports.

Here is what the computer runs currently:
    AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.66GHz
    736MB DDR RAM
    20GB HD (6GB is being used currently)

The error I receive is the following:

There isn't enough free memory to update the display. Close uneeded programs and try again

What is causing this error? I am thinking it is the RAM, but it very well could be the Processor...

Thank you

Provided Answers: 10
    I wonder what Microsoft have to say about that product....
    http://www.microsoft.com/products/in...ProductDetails
    George
    Home | Blog

Microsoft was no help. I ended up finding information on requrements on another forum.

The computer met ALL requrements. I found out that it was just not working with a 800x600 resolution even though the specs said it was 800x600 minimum requirement. Setting it to 1024x768 worked fine.

Thanks anyway.

Ha ha ha....

Couldn't resist. So much for requirements. Sort of falls hand in hand with everything else.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Quoting from the link provided above
    Display
    Super VGA (800 600) or higher-resolution monitor
    George
    Home | Blog

Ha. I've got about 1/2 dozen old vga cards and 15" monitors sitting in my basement boxes. They're right next to my old Mac II, Tandy 1000, Amiga, TRS 80, and Texas Instrument computers (and the 2400 baud modems). And a toaster sized 10 megabyte external hard drive.

Those were the days...
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

You should see the stuff my dad has collecte dover the years... He builds computers for a living. He dug out an old P2 complete with heatsync the other day... It's about the size of my current PC
    George
    Home | Blog

If you find out the answer to that question I will be very interested in the answer.

I have been trying to figure that one out for about two years. I don't believe it has anything to do with memory requirements. I have a much newer system than you have and I have the same problem. We have one very new system (Dual Core, 5 GB RAM, etc.) and it actually works. But on the other 15 computers in the office, that range in age and specs, it does not work.

If you are previewing the report, get the error and it closes, the work around that I found is to set Auto Resize to No for the report. That way it should at least open. But once you magnify, it will close.