Unanswered: AWR (like) report for DB2

Has anyone written queries or such that sort of gathers similar data as the Oracle AWR does for DB2?

Could you tell us what AWR does in Oracle?
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Automatic Workload Repository

The statistics collected and processed by AWR include:

* Object statistics that determine both access and usage statistics of database segments
    * Time model statistics based on time usage for activities, displayed in the V$SYS_TIME_MODEL and V$SESS_TIME_MODEL views
    * Some of the system and session statistics collected in the V$SYSSTAT and V$SESSTAT views
    * SQL statements that are producing the highest load on the system, based on criteria such as elapsed time and CPU time
    * Active Session History (ASH) statistics, representing the history of recent sessions activity

In DB2 these are provided by various snapshots (see GET SNAPSHOT in the Command Reference manual).

To access the snapshot data via SQL, you can use table funcitons:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...n/r0006117.htm
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

DB2 Snapshot

From what I am reading, it seems a random queries to get what you want. Isn't there something that gets everything I want to see (like the AWR report) and put it to a table or flat file?

The snapshots give you much of the same information as AWR. If I understood you correctly, you are not worrying about getting the information but rather formating in the way you like it?
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Well both. I am looking for exact examples on how to run this snapshots that I guess put them in a tables to query out or flat file I can format. I guess I am not reading into well enough.

Same search

Hi tlcoleman.
    I'm searching for the same as you: similar data report as the Oracle AWR, for DB2.
    Any luck?
    Regards