Thread: old newbie...

old newbie...

i've been an access database geek for awhile but in my job haven't used it as much as i used to...i'm currently working on format for an evaluation form and would like to incorporate access database. so i'm pretty much a newbie because i know the truth is if you stay out of the tech loop for a MINUTE you're all the sudden in dinosaur status!

hope to get some help here:-) perhaps might even offer a helping hand as well

Quote Originally Posted by shillal
    i've been an access database geek for awhile but in my job haven't used it as much as i used to...i'm currently working on format for an evaluation form and would like to incorporate access database. so i'm pretty much a newbie because i know the truth is if you stay out of the tech loop for a MINUTE you're all the sudden in dinosaur status!

hope to get some help here:-) perhaps might even offer a helping hand as well
    In all honesty, I don't think Access has changed much. MS has been trying to get away from DAO and ODBC, and everyone still seems to use DAO and ODBC.

Come to think of it, not a whole lot has changed in the last 10 years. We still have the relational model, and it's still bogged down with SQL.

Microsoft is still the biggest software company. They still make an OS and an Office suite. They're in version 10+ and nothing works. The big competitor is Google, and they have a search engine and email and they sell ads, and this is supposed to be revolutionary. Everything else these companies have tried to do outside these applications has failed pretty miserably.