I have an 220.127.116.11 Oracle db installed on an OpenVMS ver 7.3.
I wanted to connect an XP client using RDB ODBC driver.
I've downloaded latest RDB driver version (3.20.00) from Oracle site.
Connection test succeed. This is the connection string I use:
ATTACH 'FILENAME USER$DISK:[ELIA_TO.DAT]RDB_TEST'
When opening in read only that db via OpenOffice dbase, i arrive till tables list.
OpenOffice is 2.0.1 version.
When clicking on a table i get this error:
eli0to$> mc rdo
RDO> sh ver
Current version of RDO is: Oracle Rdb V7.1-03
I thus suppose Oracle RDB driver is correct
I've tried a connection via MS Access: connection is granted, i reach tables and data are changeable.
So, I've installed latest OpenOffice version (2.3).
Connection test succeed, data are not changeable because I still get the
Function sequence error
Please, don't say "leave OpenOffice"...