Unanswered: How to install ASE on linux command prompt?
I want to install ASE 12.5 on linux but only using command prompt. I know the installation using graphical mode. But i want to try it using command prompt only.
What is the procedur for it?
I am using the CD for 12.5
Please give me details for it and the factors which should be considered for it.
1) Unload software to filesystem.
2) Create sybase login/filesystem and copy binaries here.
3) You can run command line in linux with srvbuildres. The software should come up with sample resource file. Do a find for "*.rs".
4) Run srvbuildres -r adaptiveserver.rs
5) Run srvbuildres -r backupserver.rs