Exclamation Unanswered: Using 2 databses in one report

Hi,

I want to use 2 databases in one report. One database is oracle and the other is MySql.

I am using crystal Reports 9.

Also, i am not able to make record selection formula when using two databases.

This is urgent and.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Akhilesh Aggarwal

I haven't tried to mix and match those two specifically but I've never had a problem putting two kinds of databases in my reports. Bear in mind I'm using 10 but all you have to do is use the Data Wizard and build both sources separately, you can even build them each into one report and save the data source to favorites so that you don't have to build them again.
    It shouldn't be any different than putting and access and an excel together.

Hi Starkmann. I tried putting the two databases together in one report using the database wizard and also built them seperately.
    but the problem that i am facing is that there is one selection formula that can be made in a single report and also when we use multiple databases in one report we cannot use "SQL Expression" also to fetch data.

Now, when i try to combine the 2 selection formulas for both the databases into one report,
    1) the report is 10 times the normal time to fetch data
    2) the data fetched is also not correct

Will really apprecite if you could give some inputs on the above problems and also if you can give me some sample RPT where you r doing the same i.e using more than one database in one RPT and also how to make selection formulaas for the same.

You are correct, there is one selection formula but you can select on any field, so you can do some selection on the fields in one DB and some selection on the fields in the other DB.

I would assume the issue of how long it takes to get the data has more to do with your join. If you are joining two very large tables, it takes a lot longer.

The incorrect data comes down to your selection choices.

I am attaching a sample in Crystal 10 with two access DBs (they are really just portions of northwind. The report draws from both, selects on both and puts them together in one output.
    Attached Files Attached Files