Question Unanswered: Query in using specified grouping feature

Hi,

In my report i am grouping a field say "products" in specified order by using "specified order" grouping option in the group options tab.

While using i have to manually enter the specified groups suppose ins my case for the "products" field i have entered:

1)ProjectA - is one of - ProductA, ProductB
    2)ProjectA - is one of - ProductC, ProductD
    and so on..

Now, when i run the report, the records fetched are grouped in the above format with each "Project" having a seperate row and records particular to that "project" are fetched.
    For eg: "ProjectA" will have records for products A&B.
    This is running fine for me.

Now, my requirement is that - is there a way in where instead of manually entering these grouping options, i can read these from some parameter file or ask the user to enter these at runtine and then use those values automatically for grouping the records.

Thanks in advance. I really need some info on this if it is possible or not.

Regards,
    Akhilesh Aggarwal

Well, once you set it up once, you shouldn't need to re enter is I am assuming that you need to make a whole bunch of reports like this and that is why you don't want to reenter the group order a bunch of times.
    You could make what is essentially a lookup table and put that in your report, use the index of the lookup file as the sort order but only include the description for each row in your actual report. Let me know if that doesn't really make sense and I can try to whip of an example.

Thanks for the reply starkman. It would be great if you can give an example also.

Waiting for your reply eagerly.

I attached an example with Northwind. You will see that I created a table called ldCustomers that has a Customer Order column in it. That column will determine the order they appear in my report. I group by that field and then change the displayed field to Customer Name (in options of the Grouping Wizard)
    Attached Files Attached Files