Cool Unanswered: BOOk for OCA administration

Hi guys,

having sufficient experince in oracle administration, i am considering to do my OCA and OCP database administration.I found many books on the NET but i found that none is objective enough. If any one can help me in suggesting a good book(hard copy) and exam papers so that i can do a maximum preparation. Thanks!!!

The extremely Royal borough of Kensington, London
    Tom Kyte has written arguably the most accurate and comprehensive book on Oracle administration and design concepts to date. His books follow an impressive and formidable structure, where each concept is presented first with the theory, followed by rationale advice as to when the concept should be considered and what effects doing so may bring, and finally, the each concept is supported by a multitude of re-producible code examples written in a combination of PL/SQL, SQL and JAVA, though the latter to a far lesser extent.

Tom's books sit firmly above the array of other Oracle books for the fact that he attempts to ensure the reader understands why each Oracle function exists, the issues it is designed to address, and equally important, those that it is not. The result is an understanding of the Oracle database which combines comprehensive theory, incontrovertible facts through solid mathematical reasoning and code examples, and discussions on typical scenarios where a certain feature may or may not be suitable.

Beyond the mountains of information that they provide, however, the real strength from the book is in its ability to change the mindset of the reader in their approach to the development and administration of Oracle databases and their respective applications, to consider what it is they are trying to do and how the database can, or can not, be of value.

Regards,
    Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk!
    Churchill: And Madam, you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly.

OCA / OCP books

I fully agree with r123456, assuming he refers to 'Effective Oracle by Design' which indeed is a must to read. I am currently preparing myself for the OCA exam (scheduled in December). I did buy three books:
    - Oracle Database 10g OCP Certification all in one Exam Guide (Oracle Press)
    - OCA Oracle 10g Administration I (Sybex)
    - OCA Oracle 10g Administration II (Sybex)

They also contain bonus exams. Also I started to write a document on my own which basically is based on www.oracle.com/education/certification and goes through all the subjects.

Good luck !

Prsahe can you tell me where you got those books?

Books Books Books Books

Matman,

I ordered all books on Amazon. Currently I got them with me trying to pump everything in my brain. Exam ahead ....

Ok pal thanks and are they very good?

Yeah, they are indeed very good.

Which Book are you refering to r123456

Which Book are you reffering to r123456 ???
    I mean the Name of the book regarding OCP Preparation.

Thanx
    Last edited by oraspirit; 11-24-07 at 12:53.