Unanswered: Security Alert-Driver installation Issue, while installing SQL server 2000

i was trying to install sql server 2000 enterprise edition on win 2003 with SP1. i got stuck with this error sayinbg;"the driver software you are installing has not been properly signed with Autheticode(TM) technology. therefore windows cannot tell if the software has been modified since it was published. the publisher's identity cannot be verified because of a problem,
    The installed INF file does not contain digital signature infromation"

Do you still want to install this driver software?

No matter what i click, either yes or no, it takes me nowhere. i googled it everywhere still could not find a solution. please let me know if you guys got any idea.

Quote Originally Posted by drek_01
    i was trying to install sql server 2000 enterprise edition on win 2003 with SP1. i got stuck with this error sayinbg;"the driver software you are installing has not been properly signed with Autheticode(TM) technology. therefore windows cannot tell if the software has been modified since it was published. the publisher's identity cannot be verified because of a problem,
    The installed INF file does not contain digital signature infromation"

Do you still want to install this driver software?

No matter what i click, either yes or no, it takes me nowhere. i googled it everywhere still could not find a solution. please let me know if you guys got any idea.
    It's been a while, but I think I remember seeing this problem before. Check the message carefully, I think that you will find that a different filename is triggering the error message each time (ie, you click okay, but the same window pops up again -- if you look carefully the filename is changed).

This behavior is driven by a setting in Local Security Policy (or in a Domain Group Policy). Look for the setting "Unsigned Driver Behavior". It will probably be set to "Warn, but allow installation". You want it set to "Succeed Silently".

Regards,

Hugh Scott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

Security Alert-Driver Installation Issue,while installing sql server 2000

Thanks Hugh,
    yes it does change the file name but after second click it does not though. it just keep popping that message window and installation process is not proceeded forward. so have to end every task,

how do i change the local setting.
    Thanks

Red face Security Alert-Driver Installation Issue,while installing sql server 2000

Did change the setting...not much help..anyone

Quote Originally Posted by drek_01
    Did change the setting...not much help..anyone
    Check to see if it is a Domain/Group Policy setting. If so, changing it on the local server isn't going to help. You'll need to get the Domain Admins (or Group Admins involved).

Also, it may require a reboot after the policy has been changed (and you have confirmed that the policy has been replicated).

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?