Unanswered: Capacity Planning

Hi,

I'm supposed to do some storage capacity planning for the oracle databases running on the unix servers. I am quite new into this area, is there anyone out there who can give me some guide for a kick-start or is there any resource out there I can refer to for a clearer picture?

I won't be using any 3rd party s/w in this case.

Eagerly awaiting for ur responses

Thanks
    kanya

What is planned to store in these Oracle databases ? Will it be a data warehouse or just a small customer database ? You first need to figure out what exactly is planned to store in the database. What Version of Oracle will be used ? Is ASM an option ?

Capacity Planning

hey i havent got much of information stilll.... i just knw the overview of my project... ill let you knw once i get any info...

meanwhile if you hve imp books or ref materials tht wld cme handy do let me knw...

Thanks
    kanya

Wow. For sure you need some more info before you can start capacity planning. It is always a good idea to read Oracle's Concept manual. If you read it cover to cover you will already have a good knowledge. The manual is available here:
    http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/homepage

Assuming (hoping for you) you gonna use 10g or even 11g

Capacity Planning

hey i'm just doing the same... i'm just going thru oracle 10g cover to cover as of now .....

ill clarify my doubts furthur as i get any more info....

thanks
    kanya