Unanswered: NTUSERNAME does not have authority (was "Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")

Just installed db2 for the first time. Never used it before ever. (I am a MSSQL server DBA, leavring db2) Installed it fine, but cant do nay thing with out tyhe following error.

SQL1092N "NTUSERNAME" does not have the authority to perform the
    requested command.

What am I doing, this is a bad start for me.

HEY HEY MY MY

Provided Answers: 5
    I assume you are using DB2 on Windows. If not, which OS? And which DB2 version.?

My guess is that you have not given NTUSERNAME any rights to use the DB2 system.

Andy

Yes sorry its on windows server 2003. Its DB2 express-c with no fixpack.

Its very possible I have not given it the right user rights. How do I do this?

HEY HEY MY MY

As the instance owner (you should have created one when you installed the system):

1) connect to the DB
    2) issue "grant" commands to allow whatever rights are necessary.

Andy

I did not get given the options. But I cant even see any databases right now

HEY HEY MY MY

Check the Users on your server and see if there is anything with DB2 in the name. If so, this will be your instance owner. If not, you will need to create an instance with the db2icrt command (it is in the manual).

Then as the instance owner, you can create a database using either the command line (see CREATE DATABASE command) or the GUI Control Center.

Andy

I have a group called db2admin and db2users. I have added my self to both groups. Still no luck. Hmm I know its somthing silly!

HEY HEY MY MY

Check the install guide for information about authorization required on the id used to install DB2. Under Windows, it is much trickier than under Linux, UNIX becasue DB2 wants the user to have administrator authority. I am not sure which version you are using, but at one time if your userid was part of a domain, it had to be the domain administrator.

However, you may be able to go into Window Services and specify which userid you want DB2 to logon with to resolve the problem.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Hi, thats great thanks, its a fix of sorts. I have got the service to log in as the same account I log into windows with. This now works, and will at least let me get a feel for db2.

HEY HEY MY MY

You will want to go to First Steps and create the sample database (if not already created).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

yeah just done that now, its totaly diffrent to mssql. I am gonna have some fun with this.

HEY HEY MY MY