Smile Unanswered: Paradox 9 and Windows 2003 SP2

Hi all

I have Paradox 9 on a Dev Box running Windows 2003 Server (SP1).

I have deliberately refrained from installing SP2 because of the SP2 issue on XP (Not being able to directly open SQL based tables).

Does 2k3 SP2 also have this problem or not?

If I install it, would it have any other repercussions?

Finally, my finished system runs over Citrix, load balanced over 2 Windows 2003 servers. Again these boxes are SP1 only. Would I suffer from any issues if I installed SP2 onto these machines, will it affect the Runtime in any
    way?

Thanks for any advice

> I have deliberately refrained from installing SP2 because of the SP2 issue on XP (Not being able to directly open SQL based tables).

AFAIK, that issue started with P10, not with P9..

P9 also has it. If I go to open an SQL table the directory listing goes back to my Paradox Working directory instead.

I assume there are no issues running SP2 for Windows 2003 for my finished system on my Citrix boxes, are there?

I know of no issues, but you might want to search the community forums and/or post questions there.. there aren't many of us left, but that's where the 'collective wisdom' resides, not here.. see my Links page..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Thanks Steve.

I suspect I can install SP2 on the Citrix servers but I'll refrain from installing it on the devbox for now. Only a few months to go anyway as we're putting a new system in, something we've been trying to do for 4 years hehe

Still, our old Paradox system has plodded along quite nicely since 1995, not bad ROI