Unanswered: problem in bounded check box in a continuous form

Hi Gurus,

I have a continous form uses a table as a record source. All of the text boxes are bounded to fields in the table. There is a check box also bounded to on Yes/No field in the table. I disabled all of the text box and just leave the check enable. My intention is to allow use to check the check box and it will update the Yes/No field to "True", then in turn, insert that record with the field value true to another table. I just found out that method only work for the first row in the continuous form. If I check the check box at the 2nd row, it did not work. How can I overcome that? How to make it work for the other rows beside the 1st row?

Thank you very much and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Newguy

Provided Answers: 10

George -
    not so simple
    "There is a check box also bounded to on Yes/No field in the table"

NewGuy -
    "insert that record with the field value true to another table" seems a trifle bizarre - how are you doing that?

izy

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by georgev
    Thanks so much for responding. However, this is not the same problem I have. After tons of debugging and reviewing the logics in the program, I finally realized that the problem is not because the check box not working, but due to a piece of logic I missed to implement in the code. Thanks again.

Newguy

I missed one logic in the code.

Quote Originally Posted by izyrider
    George -
    not so simple
    "There is a check box also bounded to on Yes/No field in the table"

NewGuy -
    "insert that record with the field value true to another table" seems a trifle bizarre - how are you doing that?

izy

izy
    Izy,
    Thanks so much for responding. I finally resoved the problem by implementing one more piece of logic in the code. The check box is not the real problem.

"insert that record with the field value true to another table[/I]" seems a trifle bizarre - how are you doing that?"
    I actually need to use the field value true to identify which test data (when there are duplicated test with different results) the user wants and use a serial of update, insertion, deletion in various tables to avoid the program show the duplication prompt again if the duplication has been shown and the user has made selection. I need to ensure the program only shows new duplication data only. It's kind of complicate to explain and my logic may not be the best. It's just a way I tried to resolve the problem to meet the application requirement.
    Thank you so much for trying to help!

Newguy