Unanswered: Need Help to create tables based on Word Doc Table

Hello,

I'm looking for the best solution for creating database tables based on
    a Word Document with a table. I've attached part of the table from the word doc. This document is base on a template for audit reporting.

What I assume is I would need first to start of by creating two tables.
    One table would consist of the fields of the horizontal upper most data e.g.
    conformance, noncomformance etc. The other table would consist of the vertical fields of the word doc table, e.g. editorial, Auditee Name etc. If my assumption is correct, what primary key and foreign key would I need to have?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Karl
    Last edited by kiekar; 11-26-07 at 17:06.

Provided Answers: 1
    Can't really tell what you are asking for here, Carl. If you want people to take the time to help you, you need to take the time to be more specific with your question.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Ill try to be more specific. From the sample word doc that Ive attached each cell in every row would be filled in with information. Once this is completed, the data would be uploaded to a database using sqlxml bulk loader. Each time a client submits a report the data would be loaded to the database tables. At certain intervals, the data would need to be extracted from the tables using sql queries. How would I go about designing the tables where each component row can be inserted for a single PIAR table to a single client so that at any time I can query certain columns.

Thanks

Karl

Provided Answers: 54
    If you plan to submit to IOSA or NTSB, I'd recommend that you use their standard schemas. Each AO should have a copy of the IOSA policies and procedures manual, and appendix J is customized by region to give the appropriate contact information for getting their publications.

If you are planning to use the IOSA SOA based web service, you can "roll your own" with whatever data you want to collect,and simply format the XML output to meet their standards.

You also need to keep in mind that the deadlines are different for online submission versus paper submission. This is counter-intuitive, since you'd probably expect to get more time for an online filing instead of less.

-PatP